"Elementary students are wiggling scholars in sneakers."
I'm linking up with Mrs. Jump's Class to share 10 things I'll be doing (or not doing) this summer.
1) TPT Vegas Conference! That's all I have to say! Can't wait!!!
2) Building my blog~ II've been so excited to get my blog going, but haven't been able to commit as much time to it as I'd like. (Darn grading!) So I'll be looking to put together some great posts and products to share.
3) Learning to code~ I can't believe how exciting the world of programming can be. I'm hoping I can help to bridge the gap between education and computers. The first step for me is to learn programming. I've written about Hello Ruby and how I plan to get started. I also added my custom buttons at the bottom of each post! Maybe one day I'll sell blog designs?!
4) Serve on district committees. Yes, we 'have summers off'... not.
5) I'd love to find a good show and binge the whole thing! However, I think I might have watched all of the good shows already. I'm open to recommendations! So far I've watched every episode of:
That 70's Show, Scrubs, Dawson's Creek, Arrested Development, Dexter, Teen Mom (seasons 1, 2, and 3), Rules of Engagement, Downton Abbey, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Homeland, House, Orange is the New Black
And started to watch but gave up on:
Madmen, Breaking Bad
6) Get fit~ There are so many ways I can boost my health this summer! Last summer I went on jogs to get ready for a Dirty Girl Run for breast cancer. It turns out that my feet don't like me jogging. Instead, I'll be getting back into yoga and rock climbing on a regular basis.
7) Get healthy~ It's easy to pound some serious cheese and "comfort foods" when the winter is as cold as it was this past year! But, I've got to take care of myself! It's easy to get stressed when you eat less carefully. So I'll be enjoying smoothies, salads, homemade dinners, etc. Oh, but don't get me wrong, I indulge, too! My only rule it is has to be real food. If I'm going to eat chocolate, it's going to be real chocolate with genuine sugar. Real cheese... no squeeze cheese! Yuk!
8) Read~ Not sure what yet. I'm sure I'll pick up something. Right now I'm loving the Unwind Dystology. It's aimed at high school students, but has been a fun read. Neal Shusterman, the author, is known for a lot of things, but I geeked out a bit when I discovered he wrote the movie scripts for the Goosebumps TV series. I wasn't ever brave enough to watch them because I thought the stories were so scary! I happened to catch one a bit ago. Hilarious! I was such a baby! But I'll be done with the Unwind books soon and I'd love some good book recommendations (professional or personal enjoyment!). I might start with Quiet by Susan Cain. It seems a few people I know have been talking about it since a shift in administration. ;)
9) Reduce my to-do list~ I'd like to have less things to do and more time to do things right.
10) Relax and enjoy the long hot days! Preferably pool-side.